Terms & Conditions
01. Who we are
We warrant and represent that:
- We have all the necessary licenses and permits to organize and run Kilimanjaro climbing expeditions and wildlife safaris in the United Republic of Tanzania;
- We are a tour operator, not a travel agency. No part of our adventures is handled by third parties with the exception of accommodation in certain hotels, which do not belong to our company, and domestic and international air travel services
- All information that we use in marketing and advertising is true and correct. We do not exaggerate or misrepresent anything in the description of our products
- We possess relevant expertise and experience and have taken care of the travel arrangements for over 100 visitors of Tanzania so far
02. Booking and Payment process
After clients confirmed their booking they receive an invoice with all details. In order to confirm our clients’ reservation, we require a 50% deposit payment of the itinerary cost and 100% upfront payment for airline tic
- Your adventure will be deemed confirmed once a deposit payment reaches our account, of which our designated travel consultant will inform you immediately. Depending on the type of your tour, the deadline for the deposit payment will be set by our consultant.
- Full payment for your tour must be made 14 days before the scheduled commencement date, unless otherwise agreed with our consultant in writing. In any case, all of our travel packages should be fully prepaid
- Timely payments are essential, as these funds will be used to cover hotel reservations and other tour-related expenses, which – in turn – tend to be fully prepaid in Tanzania. Failure to make timely payments without prior notification of – or arrangements with – our Company may result in our cancelling your booking. Any deposit made may be forfeited according to our cancellation policies.
- Please note that all transaction-related charges applicable to your payments must be covered by you. All banking commissions for both sender and receiver must be covered by you when using wire transfers. A 3.5% surcharge shall be applicable to all credit card payments
- If the deposit and final payments made to our accounts are for any reason incomplete, we shall charge you for the missing amount upon your arrival in Tanzania.
Participation of minors
- One must be of legal age (18 years or older) to book a wildlife adventure with Safari Stride. Bookings for minors (those who have not attained that age) can only be made by their parents, guardians or legal custodians. Those making the bookings for minors accept these Terms and Condition on their behalf, including the assumption of risk and limitations of our liability;
- Minors must be accompanied and supervised by an adult Client at all times. The Client shall be responsible for the Minor’s conduct and carry the liability for any damage that may result from said conduct. Though extra attention is always paid to children travelling with us, the Company provides neither child care nor chaperoning services;
- All bookings made on behalf of a minor are subject to our approval. The accompanying adult will be solely responsible for securing the permits, approvals and meeting other legal requirements that may be needed for a minor to travel to Tanzania. We shall not be liable for the failure to comply with any requirements that may prevent the minor’s entry into Tanzania;
03. Changes to travel dates
If, after making the payments, you decide to change your travel dates, you must inform us of these changes no later than 60 days before the original starting date of your tour. Please bear in mind, that any new proposed dates must fall within one year of your original travel dates
Also note that Tanzanian domestic carriers do not reschedule flights. Hotels and Lodges often apply penalties to booking date changes and may set higher prices on accommodation according to season and availability. In such cases, you will be required to cover the extra costs.
Once we confirm your booking, the price will not be changed, except for the unlikely case of the government of Tanzania increasing park fees, taxes or other tourism-related payments. In such a case, a copy of the relevant public notice shall be made available to you immediately. Two options shall be available to you in case of price increase.
- To cancel your tour and receive a refund in accordance with our cancellation policies;
- To agree to the change of price and pay the difference to us
If you decide to cancel your trip with us, the following cancellation fees shall apply:
- In 90 and more days before the scheduled start of your tour – we will apply a 10% cancellation penalty
- In 60 – 89 days before the scheduled start of your tour – we will apply a 30% cancellation penalty
- In 30- 59 days before the scheduled start of your tour – we will apply a 50% cancellation penalty
- In 8 – 29 days before the scheduled start of your tour – we will apply a 75% cancellation penalty
All cancellation penalties are based on the total tour price.
In all cases of cancellations you will also need to cover our non-refundable and/or partially refundable expenses, such as hotel reservations or domestic air tickets. Before issuing a refund, we will deduct those expenses and the costs of fund transfer (banking commissions and credit card surcharges) from the payments that you made to us.
After your booking has been confirmed, should you wish to make any changes to your itinerary or wish an earlier departure date, we will make every effort to accommodate your requests based on availability. However, the extra costs involved to make changes are 150$
All prices published on Safari Stride are per person, based on two persons (unless otherwise stated) and quoted in US dollars (US$). Cost of obtaining passports or visas, border taxes (if applicable), tips for guide, driver and hotel staff, insurances, additional excursions or personal expenses are not included in the itinerary cost.
Discount rates for children or peak-rates during high/festive season are not included. All prices on the website should be used as a guideline only. Safari Stride cannot be held responsible for any changes or pricing errors. Safari Stride will specify all cost in their invoices. The quotations are valid for 2 weeks.
06. Travel documents, visa, and entry to Tanzania
It is upon the guest to ensure that passports and visas are valid for the countries visited. Most nationalities can get a tourist visa on arrival in Tanzania at the border/airport ($50 per person, US Citizens $100 per person). This tourist visa is valid for a period of three months. You can also get your visa in advance at the embassy in your home country.
Check the visa rules before you go. Passports should have at least six months of validity after the final day of travel.Safari Stride cannot be held liable for any visas, etc. not held by the guests, nor the cost of visas
07. You accept all risk of adventure travel to Tanzania
You understand that your adventures with us may involve visiting remote areas (National Parks, rural regions, etc.), where the standards of medical assistance may be different from those available in your home country or may be unavailable at all.
In addition to that, you also acknowledge that some adventures offered by us may involve certain risks (for example wildlife, high-altitude, etc.) to your health and safety. You agree that you have carefully evaluated all of those risks and assume full responsibility for them.
You release us from all claims and causes of action, which may arise from any losses, damages, injuries or death which may be the result of the risks inherent to your travels in Tanzania.
08. Your luggage and valuables
We shall not be responsible for any luggage lost, destroyed or delayed by the airliner or any transportation provider other than our company.
- We responsible for being in touch with the airliner checking the status of your lost/delayed luggage, nor are we responsible for transporting it to the hotel after it arrives. If your luggage arrives later than you, you will need to pay a luggage delivery fee of transporting the luggage from Kilimanjaro International Airport to the hotel.
- You may ask our managers to accept your valuables, personal possessions or luggage for safekeeping. In such a case, we will lock them in our company safe, which is under constant video surveillance and alarm. We will assume full responsibility for your property entrusted into our care
- We responsible for being in touch with the airliner checking the status of your lost/delayed luggage, nor are we responsible for transporting it to the hotel after it arrives. If your luggage arrives later than you, you will need to pay a luggage delivery fee of transporting the luggage from Kilimanjaro International Airport to our office.
Accommodation which forms part of the Client’s booking may only be used by the persons named on the booking form. Subletting is not permitted. The Client must observe the rules of the community (if any) relating to the accommodation and must vacate it by 12.00 noon on the day of departure. The Client shall behave properly throughout his holiday and, in particular, must not do or permit to be done anything which might lead to damage to any property, injury to any person.
The Client will use, occupy and enjoy the accommodation provided as part of his holiday with due care and in a proper manner without allowing the accommodation to become unreasonably soiled. No items, fixtures or fittings shall be removed from the accommodation or left outside at any time. The Client will be responsible for the cost of repairing or replacing any lost, broken or damaged items, including lost keys.
10. Travel Delay and Flights
Flight times are provided by Airlines and are subject to change because of such matters as air traffic control restrictions, weather conditions and technical problems. Flight timings are therefore estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. The Company will not be liable if a flight is delayed. Under the Denied Boarding Regulation (EU 261/2004), if you have been denied boarding, your flight has been cancelled or it has been significantly delayed, it is the airline’s duty to look after you.
This means providing food, drinks, and some communications. If you are delayed overnight, this also means a hotel and travel to and from it. Full details of these rights will be publicized at EU airports and available from airlines. If the airline does not comply with these rules, you should complain to the Civil Aviation Authority at www.caa.co.uk/passengerrights
We have no liability to you in these circumstances whatsoever and your claim for this assistance and any compensation must be made directly to the airline. Liability of an airline under EU 261/2004 will not entitle you to a refund of your holiday price from us. In addition, the Client may be entitled to claim under the flight delay section of their travel insurance policy. As between the Client and any individual airlines, the airline’s standard conditions of carriage will apply. These may limit or exclude liability in accordance with relevant international Conventions. Copies of these Conventions are available from the Company on request.
11. Disabilities and Medical Problems
We are not a specialist disabled holiday company, but we will do our utmost to cater for any special requirements you may have. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your stay, please provide us with full details before we confirm your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements.
We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate in the tour. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
12. Force Majeure
We shall not be liable for anything that may happen because of force majeure, which includes, but is not limited to natural cataclysms, war or military operations, breakdowns of the mechanical facilities, fire, vehicles or electrical appliances, civil disturbances, labor strikes, actions of the government authorities, political unrest, insurrections and mutinies, extreme weather conditions and other calamities and situations beyond our reasonable control and which we could not foresee.
The laws of the United Republic of Tanzania shall apply in case of any disputes.